Edited by Addamroy, Antarctica, Wes Alvaro, Peter Gray and 9 othersThere are a few methods you can use to get cash for junk cars. Some are easier than others, and some pay more than others. Part it out, bring it to the junk yard yourself, or contact a junk car removal service.
EditMethod 1 of 3: Doing the Labor Yourself
EditMethod 2 of 3: "Parting" out Your Car
EditMethod 3 of 3: Using a Junk Car Removal Company
- Bringing it to a car junk yard and do the vehicle preparation labor yourself.
- Prior to a salvage yard being able to buy your car, you must drain all of the fluids including the gas, coolant, oils, etc. It’s typical for someone to have a professional junk car removal company deal with this and is the route most people take.
- Getting cash for junk cars by selling the parts.
- Aside from salvage yards, you can get cash for junk cars by selling the parts. Although it can be a pain to wait for buyers and take the car apart it is an option. In many cases not only is it hard to find somebody to buy your car.
- Contacting a Junk Car Removal Company
- The next and most common car disposal option is to contact a junk car removal service. They pay for your junk, used, running, not running or damaged cars and tow it away for you.
- Typically you get more money this way even if it’s a junk car because sometimes up to 98% of your vehicle gets recycled, rather than just being shredded at a car scrap yard. They get more money for their junk autos, which means you do as well.
- At first thought most people don’t think they can get much cash for their junk car, but the truth is the payout can be quite large. The amount of cash for junk cars you'll depends on the condition of your vehicle. If it’s complete junk it will depend on it’s size and weight.
- (Too Much Work?) Simply call a local junk vehicle removal service. All reputable companies will remove the vehicle for free regardless of condition and pay you cash!
Recent edits by: Mark Simon, Michael Butrus, Octoberthecat
In other languages:
Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 67,420 times.